Sunday, June 10, 2012

Printables for The Superhero

OK, Lets start off with the printables since this is where I had the most frustration. Printables by all logic are a graphic design meant to be printed on paper. People take their time & effort to make these bad boys and they sure will post them up for your likeing and your money :/. The thing about printables are they are realistically very very very simple. Which is why I don't understand people buying them. For the "superhero" project all you simply need is microsft word. I have microsoft word starter 2010.
~Printable Instruction~
1. Open up Microsoft word.
2. Click on the Insert tab, select shapes.
I chose a circle. 
3.  Right click on the shape, go to the paint bucket and choose a color.
4.Right click again go to the shape outine next to the bucket and choose a color or no color
5.Click on the insert tab again, go to shapes choose another shape.
I chose a star shape.
6. Layer the second shape over the first one.
7. Right click select color.
* On this you can savebackgrounds from the internet and go down to picture browse the computer for saved image and click on it as I did for the polka dots on mine.
Or you can go down to gradient, then to more gradient it will open a window you can play in there or choose a pattern fill.
8. Click on insert again , go to Word art, click on the style you want, type text in box resize or color place where you want it.

Mine looked like this :

You can play with these options and layers to make all different kinds of decor for the party, invitations, table place cards,bags covers & stickers :)
I made these :


Here you can also make your LABELS for your water, soda & candy bars.
Just start out with a rectangle just do a size and print until you get the appropriate size you need then add the other graphics same as we did!

Mine look like this:

Now that you know the simple technique ..... Happy Printing :}

P.S. you can also use a graphic software the best I have found for things like this is Printmaster, can be found almost anywhere and is inexpensive.

5 comments:

  1. Thankyou @Craftaholic mummy!! Planning my little boys 5th 'batman' birthday party & your link was shared with me by a friend!! Its nice that mums help other mums :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! My little boy is turning 5 and wants a super hero themed party; I love taking the DIY approach with all of the decor, so this will come in handy! The only question I have is: how do you get your text at a diagonal across the shape background?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my son's superhero party is in a few days, so I've already finished all the decorations - wish I'd seen this before now! - but I still appreciate the tutorial! I had no clue whatsoever that it was this easy! I can use it for many other things in the future, so thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my son's superhero party is in a few days, so I've already finished all the decorations - wish I'd seen this before now! - but I still appreciate the tutorial! I had no clue whatsoever that it was this easy! I can use it for many other things in the future, so thank you!!hire superhero for birthday party near me

    ReplyDelete